ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Getting a job

My wife wants me to get a job more than I do. It's true. While I want employment very badly, she wants it more (how much more? In a year, she's gone from I really like this area and don't want to move to "wherever you can get a job, I'll go"). You see, I've been blessed with a wife who wants to stay home and raise kids. In fact, we even made an agreement of sorts--the day we graduated from college, I asked her (we were not yet married), still standing in our regalia, did she want to get a masters or anything like that? She said that she was done with school, and that she would put me through law school if I would get a job that allowed her to stay home.

Flash forward to the present, where I have sent (at last count) about 250 resumes, called close to 400 law firms, had a handful of interviews, but nothing going yet (I've even applied for temporary work with such places as Target and Blockbuster, and even they haven't called back! :-) ). I guess when close to 900 other people pass the bar exam as well, it makes it a little difficult.

I've found in my searching that most firms want two or more years of experience--only the top firms take entry level folks, I guess. Which leaves me with the question, from what vending machine can I get this two years of experience? I'm still looking for it, and if anyone finds such a machine, do let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home