ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Great Memories, Part Three


So I was chatting with my brother the other day about old video game systems, and we were talking about the Sonic the Hedgehog (yeah, Sonic is to the right) video game we loved to play, and it took me back to the time we bought the Sega Genesis game system we used for playing Sonic.

Flip back to when I was about 14 or 15 (or was it sooner? I can't really remember the exact year) and our family had a BIG yard sale, and sad to say, I sold some toys and other items now that I wish I had not but my brother and I were making money like crazy! I cringe now, but I sold an Atari 7800 and 40 (yes, 40!) games for about $50 Who knows what it would fetch on Ebay now?

At the end of the day, we counted our money, and do you know what? We had about $160 between the two of us! Know what we did? Well, what any self-respecting kid would have done, but march right down to the toy store (might have even been that day!) and buy a Sega Genesis video game system. We thought we were on top of the world! Now, of course, we got tired of it eventually, but I'd have to say that we felt pretty good to take our earned money and go down to the toy store and buy something so expensive! We thought we were rich!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home