ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Cup of Grace

Another "no" for the employment process today--I've still got an answer to get back from another interview, but it is hard to be hopeful. Continuous disappointment does rather wear on me, but it forces me to cling harder to Christ. For, as Peter said, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:68-69)

Holding up one's cup daily for the grace that Christ pours out can be difficult, in that the grace given is not always for good times but also for hard times. Sometimes the cup is bitter (as it has been lately), but it is grace all the same, and sufficient.

The next step would be to find joy in such circumstances, and I must confess as the days go on, it becomes harder to find it. Knowing that God is sovereign in my job search, as well as everything else, I must press on with what I do, seeking guidance and comfort from His Word and resting in the fact that He will accomplish what He wants through me, in whatever time frame that will be.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Mr. Hibbity Gibbity said...

    Welcome to the Word of Blog . . .

    Can you guess who this is? No?

    http://mrhibbitygibbity.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    After reading your profile, I think I'm pretty sure. If I remember correctly, you liked to play Starcraft while we were in college?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home