ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Tale of Two Dexters

Yesterday was an interesting day. I may have mentioned before on this blog how I seem to attract dogs that are not my own--well, it happened again yesterday.

I took my dog for his morning walk, as is always my job on the weekends, and suddenly this Jack Russell darts out into our walking path. It has no collar and no owner appears to be nearby. To set the stage, it is 7 AM on a Sunday morning, so to quote a Christmas poem, "not a creature was stirring."

So, here is this Jack Russell, and I'm really not sure what to do with it--having my dog is actually a good thing, as it seems most dogs will come to you if you also have a dog with you. My dog was going nuts, as he does with all dogs his size ("someone to play with!"). I picked the dog up--he did not seem to mind--and took him to a house where I had thought I had seen a Jack Russell before, but after I knocked a couple of times, realized that it was not the same dog.

After going back and forth in thinking that I could take the dog home and call Animal Control to see if anyone had reported missing a dog and taking it back to the place where I had found it, a woman drove by in a minivan, jumped out and said, "Dexter!"

********

Fast forward to later in the day, where we went over to another young couple's house (who attend our church), who also had a dog named Dexter. What are the odds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home