ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Protest Vote

My wife and I did something for the first time ever yesterday. We registered a protest vote in the Virginia Primary. What do I mean by that, you say? Well, I simply don't like the two Republicans still "in" the race, so I voted for the person I really wanted to vote for who didn't stay in the race. It certainly wasn't Romney and while I like a lot of what Paul says (like the fact that he adheres more strictly to the Constitution), he's a little too libertarian for me and I don't really think yanking all the troops out right away is the way to handle Iraq. I'd agree that LESS involvement in the world is what the US needs, but gradual rather than immediate withdrawal, IMHO, would be the best course.

Nope, I voted for Fred Thompson, as a protest to the selection of folks that were left--the selection feels like it did in 1996, though I couldn't vote then, but the end result may be different. McCain will likely get the nomination, and I suppose that when November rolls around, I will pull the Republican lever, but with McCain's tendency to lean to the left on most issues, who knows.

And on a side note, hello to my one visitor from Moscow, Russia (this Google Analytics stuff is great!)!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dan, I hear you loud and clear. I feel very similarly. I too took part in a protest vote (of a different kind). I won't say who I voted for, for fear of life and property, but I will say I have a PASSIONATE dislike for Hillary. (In fact, it hurts to type the name.)

    Here's to the late, great, President Reagan.

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Chris said...

    Zach

    Did you vote for Tiger Woods? Say it ain't so bro'?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home