ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mixed Bag at Court Yesterday

Yesterday was an interesting day--I had a court appearance in the morning and one in the afternoon, and neither went how I thought it was going to go.

I had one case yesterday morning about an hour and a half away (which meant I had to get up early to drive and be there), and when I got there, proper service on the case had not been made, so I had to continue the case and drive back with no result.

In the afternoon, I fully expected to dismiss all my cases due to a judge that (in my opinion) was requiring more than the law required as far as documentation, but when I arrived, it was a different judge completely and I got judgment on all of my cases. A blessing, indeed!

I feel mostly recovered from the Super Bowl party the other night, but in some ways I am glad football season is over so that I essentially have six or seven months off from post-season type games that I might have to stay up for (baseball playoffs come around in September and October, when a certain little one will be joining us.... :) ).

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    May I just say that I squeed a little at that last line? ;)

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    And that reminds me...we definitely need some Red Sox gear for Baby B. Must start looking now.

     
  • At 12:52 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    Be prepared for possible sleep depravation.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home