ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

We've Come a Long Way, Baby

Last night was the 10th anniversary of my wife and I's first date. Ten years ago, my wife and I attended a social function at our college called "Artist Series" where the college would bring in theatrical or music acts for an evening, so that folks would not have to go anywhere (Lexington, KY was not far away, but not much to do in Wilmore!) The theater company performed Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing and we had a blast.

Fast forward to last night, and you'd think we'd go out and have a big dinner, right? Nope. We're easy to please--we got Chinese takeout (about $40 worth--it's the ONLY way to go. it's like having your own buffet!) and watched TV that we had saved on our DVR. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I dont know, but I think...A CONGRATULATE is right to do, right?

    And you are sooo right about the Take-out food. It is nothing better, than to have food and watch Tv with your spouse...DELICIOUS!!! :)

    I love chinese by the way, I dont care how many cats and rats are in there with THAT great taste..lol
    And I always have a long list of goodies on my DVR , so when my husband and I are off on the same night, or evening, we watch our lists!!!

    Love Andrea

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger David Blugerman said...

    Sounds like a romantic evening! Enjoy! I think the ten year mark of a relationship is an important milestone! Praise God for spouses!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home