ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Close "Call"

My wife, her brother and some church friends of mine went to see Caedmon's Call last night--when they came out onto the stage, two members (Cliff and Danielle) were noticeably missing. Andrew Osenga played a song or two, then revealed that just as they were about to get on the plane from Houston, Danielle went into labor and they couldn't make it for the show. So not only was Derek not on tour with them yet, but Cliff and Danielle was not there either. I was sort of bummed.

But I have to say that my wife and I have a new found respect for somewhat-newly acquired member Osenga (he has been with them for about 5 years since the Normals dissolved). We were both kind of disappointed when Derek left to do his own thing, and thought that Andrew wasn't a great replacement. But he surprised us as he really carried the show last night (he's a suprisingly funny and quick-witted guy), and stepped up--they brought a friend of Caedmon's from Houston to fill in for Danielle (Sarah?) and she did well. Josh Moore was AMAZING on piano, and the percussion stuff was fantastic. It wasn't the ideal that I was hoping for, but I had a great time. If anything, I hope that it shows Caedmon's that this area can produce a pretty good crowd so that they'll come back when they're full strength.

I look forward to seeing them in the spring.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home