ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's 5 A.M.

And all the rest of my house is sleeping soundly, while I sit eating breakfast and prepare to leave in a few minutes on a 3 and 1/2 hour journey to Southwest Virginia. It's not that I have not had anything to write about--I've got sermons to blog, other thoughts that run through my head, but maybe I've taken a sub-conscious break from blogging because I haven't felt very motivated. The days have all been a blur, and these past few months have been very tiring. A friend of mine asked whether I prefer being in the office or on the road, and I said it was an interesting question--I'd rather be in a different type of work!

My wife and I went up to West Virginia to her family reunion and it went well, though with all of her dad's brothers and sisters aging (he's 67 and the youngest of 12!), less and less are showing up due to death or illness. But it was still a good time--lots of food and visiting. Makes me wish my family could do something like that, but the logistics (everyone being flung across the United States--one as far as Oregon, the other coast) make it very impossible.

I hope to have some more thoughts when I come up for air this weekend. Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dan,
    I know the feeling about having not family around or family reunions like in your case. All my family lives in Germany and sometimes it gets really to me !

    About the blogging, I hope you soon be able to blog more again, I love to read your stuff!

    I missed you guys in church this passed Sunday! :(

    Love and Blessings
    Andrea

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Andrea,
    It was great to see her family and great to hear her dad preach as always, but we did miss being at church last weekend.

    I've got some catch up to do on the blog, so if I do get the opportunity, it will be a flurry of posts!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home