ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

7 months on the job

My wife asked me yesterday if I liked being an attorney, and I had to think about it for a minute, since while I thoroughly appreciate the opportunity to work (searching 10 months for a job and finally finding one makes you VERY grateful), it's hard to know if like it since I'm not doing necessarily what I thought I would be doing as an attorney. Aside from a few instances, I haven't really argued any issues in court, just appeared and asked for judgment, since close to 90% of my defendants don't show. But you have to pay your dues, I guess.

I'm still learning about the ins and outs of collection practice--I've got a pretty good handle on the law, but it's the minute details of practice that flow out from the law which get me (usually the things which can land me in an uncovered malpractice claim if I'm not careful).

We'll see what happens in the coming months--I've been told things will get "better" (as far as my earnings), but who knows.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home