ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday Morning Smorgasboard

Well, it's pretty quite at my house--I just finished letting our two dogs out, and I'm having some breakfast. With this blog I seem to be writing once every month (though sometimes I get crazy and write twice--oh my!), but I suppose it's only because I don't know if I have anything to say (or that anyone will actually read it). Any theological discussions seemed to have been thoroughly covered at other blogs that I read. Since my comments (ones I make at those blogs) seem to be largely ignored, I don't feel the need to flesh anything out here.

We had my parents down for Thanksgiving, and since they were here, we went ahead and celebrated Christmas (mostly because my wife wanted to see what my 57 year old father's reaction would be to her getting him a lava lamp--which, in short, was pure elation).

My wife has been recovering since Friday morning from corrective surgery she had and is doing much better; having my mother-in-law here for that as well has been a great help. You see, the timing of the surgery and the second dog coming into our lives was not at a great time, since I had my busiest week at work yet--being in court EVERY day this week. The second dog is not really fitting in to our home dynamic, but I think I have a strong possibility of a new home where she will fit in perfectly (she's a stray/rescue, we didn't want her to be put down just because they didn't have room, but she'll be happier somewhere else).

After Monday I start my marathon jaunt of being in court every weekday from Dec. 5th to Dec. 18th. Then I get a break until after the New Year--thankfully the courts essentially decided to shut down about the middle of that week.

I went to my supervising attorney's Christmas party last night, and got to meet a lot of her friends, some of whom were other practicing attorneys in the area. I was told by several of the guests that she must like my work since I was actually invited to the party (apparently the previous associate was not).

Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before we know it. Thankfully I've done all the in-store shopping that I need to do--the rest will be done online and shipped to the house.

And if anyone ever wants to get a glimpse into a law student's first year experience, I recommend the book "ONE L" by Scott Turow. Sure there were some things that were not true of my experience, but I identified with a large part of it (the anxiety of trying to learn the law, stay on top of things, figure out professors, studying, exams, etc.).

Until next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home