ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Back from the Long Weekend!

The great thing about taking vacation days during the week is that when you get back, it's a short week to the weekend! My wife and I did some traveling over the past week, I took a half day last Friday and took Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week off.

We went to my brother's college graduation where only 100 graduated--but this was a big class for his school, Kentucky Christian University. I'm glad that it only lasted an hour--we were sitting on those high school wooden bench-type seats. Ouch!

So we stayed at my folks house in central Kentucky until Sunday afternoon, which was nice since I got to be with my mom for Mother's Day and Sunday lunch. We then headed up to see some friends that we knew at the Beach, who now live near Cincinnati, OH. We had a great visit with them, got to see their son who is quite lively now (about a year old) and very funny--we also got to see some friends one evening in Northern Kentucky and catch up with them. My wife got to go to a Bare Escentuals boutique (they make makeup) and she was beyond thrilled and very sad to leave the great shopping in the Cincinnati area.

On the way back home, we stopped overnight in West Virginia to visit with her family. about 1300 miles in 6 days--sure glad we had that nice rental (a 2007 Camry--very nice!) to ride comfortably in!

I had two court dates this week that were not too difficult and racked up another 500 or so miles on the car (a light week for sure), but June will be F-U-N! (*sarcasm*)

More substantive posts to come later, but I thought I would give an update--my wife and I just came back from Lowes/Walmart/Kroger--I know Andrea, I should have gone earlier when you were working! :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well isnt that a blip??? You guys come there and avoid ME????? Whats up with that? I should've known! Rebekah doesnt like Wal-Mart but she even less likes to come when I am there!

    Just kidding, but the next time I expect full attention to my line...LOL

    Thanks for posting, you take sooo long to put up a post.

    Love Andrea

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home