ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Small Repreive Before the Storm

By providence I will actually NOT have to be in court tomorrow, since I was able to get my cases in one area covered by another attorney, as well as get another case docket covered that I thought I might have to go on. Being in the office is crucial since the attorney that is leaving will be here only until Friday, so I have to learn as much as I can by then.

To say that I am unsure what the future holds with this position is to understate the case, but I do know that God ordains all things to pass as they do (if I did not believe that, worry and/or anxiety could easily paralyze me to the point I could not function!). I do have to work hard at not getting overwhelmed within the moment (it's easy to do when you get back to the office and have 30 voicemail messages!), but that is getting easier.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure we found a paralegal last week that should start soon, which will be a quite welcome thing, especially for our sole (and stressed) paralegal.

The thing that I pray in all of this is that I continue to work to be able to live, rather than living to work--my law career, while it is a profession, is simply a means to provide for my family and never supersedes my family or my faith (at least it shouldn't, though as busy as I have been, my devotional life has not been good as of late).

But one thing that keeps me going more than ever is the amazing event that will happen sometime in late September when I will be holding MY child in my arms. It's so amazing just to be able to type those words--I'll try to live in that moment for a long time, even though I know I won't be able to.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home