ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

WHAM!

That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor when the big boss (guy with name on the door) told me that my supervising attorney (only other attorney than me at the firm other than the big boss) was leaving our firm at the end of THIS MONTH! I was just stunned.

I'm still reeling a little bit and I had a short meeting today with the departing attorney, and while they are interviewing some attorneys to replace her (they will try to hire two attorneys to do her position because the job really requires it), if they don't find some, my job after this month will go from difficult to downright impossible. And just having let go a paralegal last week and finding a new one is also on the plate at the moment--I will have to watch and make sure that our only existing paralegal doesn't get too overwhelmed.

So we'll see. I (and my pregnant wife especially) would appreciate your prayers.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow!

    Any chance that could be really good for you, as in hefty raise for doing 3 jobs at once?

    We'll keep you in prayer!

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Wow indeed. As for it being good or bad, only time will tell (and no raise at all would take place until June--my yearly eval--unless something else occurs).

    Thanks for the prayers.

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger David Blugerman said...

    Just getting caught up with the blog... This could be a defining moment for you at this firm!

     
  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    David--in one way or another, it very well could be, in that it pushes me to something else or affirms that I need to stay put. Who knows.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home