ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Go West Young Man?

Well, that could be a possibility after what happened in my follow up interview this week. Roanoke is now a great possibility--I met with the head attorney, and had dinner with the other attorney. The collections business is an unpleasant one, but their operations were ultimately very professional and if offered (they indicated they were "fairly confident" they would make me an offer), I would definitely consider it. I also sent more letters to the Attorney General's office telling them I really, really wanted to work for them, but we'll see how that turns out. It's not a news flash that I would reject all other offers if asked to work for the AG's office, but it could be a moot point if the AG essentially says NO.

On a side note, I had Brazilian cuisine for the first time--it was quite good!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:05 AM , Blogger Matt Gumm said...

    Will pray for you before I go to bed tonite. Thanks for the update.

     
  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Matt,
    Thanks. We're hoping that the answer comes soon, and that it's clear. While it would be quite difficult to leave our GREAT church, our life thus far has always seemed to be an adventure, never keeping us in one place for too long.

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dan,

    I am so sorry for the "Dan" mix-up! I appreciated your thoughts very much. I hope some of all this blog chat touches this pastor. Well, OK, I think that it is the Holy Spirit's job, but he is in a very serious position to be coming down on homeschooling.

    As one commenter on my site wrote: "If I fear anything, it's that he is responsible for having encouraged the families under his care to put their children under our godless educational system for the better hours of their day. That's a millstone if I ever saw one..."

    I hope he realizes the seriousness of his words.

    Oh, and we do have that book you told us about--as well as its sister books. They are well-worth reading.

    Warmly,
    Kate

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Kate--no worries. Keep up the good blogging, and hopefully the Holy Spirit will work on this pastor's heart so he can see the ramifications of such a position.

     
  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger Mr. Hibbity Gibbity said...

    Oh . . . you Micheal W. Smith . . . er . . . J. B. L. Soule quoter, you . . .

    Hope things turn out. Any chance of returning to the grand wonder that is Kentucky (or as we in the south like to call it, Kentuck)?

    I mean . . . where else can you find people that have blantant disregard for the proper use of ellipses?

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Hibbity-cheesy, isn't it? haha

    Kentucky, if it all, would be a while down the road. See, there's this thing called the Bar Exam which I'd have to take in Kentucky, to be able to practice in Kentucky. Unfortunately (at this time), Virginia and Kentucky do not have an agreement of reciprocity (which would allow me after five years of practice in Virginia to waive in--just pay money to Kentucky's state bar--and be able to practice there).

    As much fun as the first test was, I can't imagine how fun the second one would be! (haha)

    I'll try to visit some, I just don't think moving back is in the picture right now, though I love ol' Kentuck. As to ellipses, you may be right. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home