ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Whirlwind of Change...

So, two months ago, I was simply a low-level associate traveling the roads of Virginia and looking for a way out of my job...

And now, somehow, in two months, we lost a paralegal (the other one's last day is tomorrow), my supervising attorney left for a job in Ohio, we've hired two new paralegals and I'm managing them and looking for a newer attorney who apparently I will manage as well.

It's just really bizarre to think that things can change that quickly in just a short period of time--I actually conducted a semi-interview with an attorney that interviewed with our office today. I didn't think I'd EVER do that, at least not this soon.

But certain circumstances really convinced me, even before this happened, that my time here in this job and this area is not quite done yet (my wife being pregnant, my neighbor's situation, other situations). I say "yet" because my wife and I may be nomads in some sense for the rest of our lives, only God knows (we've moved nine times in less than seven years of marriage)--but I know that His hand is in this, and He has been faithful throughout.

God's timing is always perfect, though we're not always able to trust Him leading up to the fulfillment of His faithfulness.

*******************

I would also ask for continued prayers for my neighbor, whose wife left several weeks ago and is going down a path that grieves the Lord. Pray for repentance, reconciliation and restoration (for both of them). Pray that truth would break through and awaken her heart. My heart breaks for them both, because I know that but for the grace of God and the restraining power of the Holy Spirit such evil lurks and could manifest itself in my own heart.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Chris said...

    Dan

    "In all thy ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths..." I know you and Rebecca seek to do this and I have full confidence the Lord in his sovereignty will guide your steps through life, wherever they may go. You can see evidence of it happening with the circumstances you've gone through recently.

    I'll continue to pray for you neighbor as well.

    Chris

     
  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Thanks Chris.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home