ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If I Was Sending a Telegram...

It might read: "Tired. STOP. VERY Tired" My wife and I have both been a little more than wore out this week after finding out our little boy weighs about 17 and a half pounds (no wonder I have back issues!) and being dragged down by the cold. Winter can have a way of wearing a person out.

Work is busy; I'm now a part of a Bill Tracking Committee with the State Creditors Bar Association and I help track legislation that could adversely affect us as attorneys. One particular piece of legislation has all attorneys up in arms--the fact that a Senator is proposing to increase the filing fees for ALL civil cases, to the point where some pro se (meaning people who represent themselves) plaintiffs as well as small filers will be priced out of access to the courts. It's kind of fun making calls to other businesses and attorneys to get them on board to oppose the bill, simply because it's a break from the regular grind of working the accounts at our office.

I'm off to court tomorrow and hopefully I'll stay awake; though as tired as I am right now, Friday looks like a good day for taking a vacation day. But with all that's going on, I still have to trust that Christ is right there, in the midst of it all, providing grace all the way.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM , Blogger Joseph said...

    That is classic! Thanks for the good laugh today. It was needed. How are you doing, my friend. Sounds like you need some rest. I'll be praying that the Lord grants it to you soon!

     
  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger Joseph said...

    Oops! I was actually referring to "The Pentavirate" when I mentioned a good laugh, not your account of court legislation...although, I guess that can be laughable at times also.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home