ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Boring Week

Well, I've dressed up to go and substitute teach four days in a row, and no calls have been forthcoming. I've waited for calls from prospective employers (and especially the opportunity I wrote about in my last post), and nothing. The Roanoke folks did email me, saying they would call this week, but "this week" is over tomorrow! PHOOEY!

Anyway, I have to span my "projects" out so that I'll have something to do each day. Yesterday, it was, well, giving my dog a bath. The day before that? I unclogged the bathroom sink. Today, I thought I would mow the lawn, though I'm going to do that this evening. I thought I would have some fun and go whack some golf balls on the driving range, though I waited a little late in the day, and apparently everyone else had the same idea I did (it was more than full when I got there). So, instead, I went to Lowe's, of course (in my unclogging incident, I created a leak).

And during the writing of this post, I heard my dog outside barking incessantly--and turns out that he had cornered a Starling bird that was quite young, and this is the second one in two days. If I had a tall enough ladder, I'd scoop them all out and take them to our local SPCA so that I wouldn't have to go every other day.

And now back to your regularly scheduled lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home