ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Head(ed) for the Hills!

The hills of Virginia, at least. It's not completely official yet, but I have verbally accepted the offer made by the firm in Roanoke. They were able to give me some money for relocation/temporary housing in the transition, and while not as much as I'd hoped, it is something. And, for the experience that I'll be gaining, it will be worth it; and it will be an adventure, as we will be moving to another area where we don't know anyone and don't know anything about the area. We did the same thing 5 years ago, and we found a great church (where I've grown more spiritually than EVER--found the doctrines of grace, etc.) and great friends. It will be sad to leave, but who knows? We might be back--I'm not sure this job is a forever kind of thing, unless it turns out to be. We'll see where the road leads.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, I will say it first, "Huzzah!" for you and yours! That is wonderful news and I hope you find an even better church.

    Warmly,
    Kate

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Kate,
    Thanks for stopping by--yes, we are excited! However, it is hard to imagine topping the church where we are at. Biblically based, strong-doctrinal teaching, REAL diversity, and a people who really have a heart for one another. I've never felt more at home anywhere, but if anything else, it's given me a strong base for what's to come.

     
  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger runskotrun said...

    That is excellent persaverence Dan. Way to stick with it. I probably would have given up and found another career, thinking that it's not God's will or something. Congrats!

    Scott C

     
  • At 10:30 PM , Blogger Mr. Hibbity Gibbity said...

    Gratz dude.

    It's been a long time coming . . .

    . . . now . . . I need a little help with this litigation I've been planning . . .

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home