ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Okay, so Not That Boring....

Well, I just received an email from the Roanoke folks, and they've made me an offer!!! Your prayers would be very much appreciated as I try to negotiate and hammer down the details with them (the offer is okay and it's enough to live on, but being business folks, I'm sure they're expecting me to counter, etc.--they seemed to low-ball it to start). I would start June 5th, which is a month from today.

At the same time, it seems as if the window to the Attorney General's office has closed. I got two independent pieces of information today which makes me think this is the case. A buddy of mine just interviewed for a job I was put in for (and he said there was one more interview--and guess what, I was never called!), and the main contact lady at the HR office who had been so nice to me and lobbied for me to get a job is no longer working for the office. The ongoing silence from their office about my last interview makes me think I didn't get that one either.

So, it could be by the end of the weekend (or the end of the day) that this is all set in stone.

Again, your prayers are appreciated.

UPDATE: Well, I attempted to have a conversation yesterday about salary negotiations with the actual attorney that I was going to be working with, and it seemed that she didn't have the authority to approve anything and that she was kind of caught off-guard by my concerns. She's going to talk to the other attorney and then get back to me (she was going to call him after she got off the phone with me), but she didn't call back yesterday. To be honest, I didn't sleep real well last night, partly because of that, and partly because I was out later than usual with some friends--we went to see the Russian Cossack State Dance Company at a local music hall. It was quite impressive and very entertaining, though we couldn't understand one word they were saying. I'm trying not to think too much about the conversation I had with the attorney, and the fact I may not speak with her again until Monday. God has been in control and will continue to be, for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home