ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Not Quite in Overdrive, but Almost

Well, as you've likely read in the previous post, I've accepted a position that will require us moving. NOW, I have to do some fixing of our townhouse to make it able to be sold quicker (you know, like in a day--not really). The market here is not as fast as it used to be--the summer of 2003, we looked for housing and it was MADNESS. A house would go on the market and have a contract by the end of the day. One time, honestly, someone bid $25,000 over the asking price--and it was just a townhouse! Actual houses have slowed considerably, with some having to mark down their asking price to get it sold--townhouses still seem to be selling fairly quickly, but we'll see.

So, it's fixing drips, putting up shelving, boxing up stuff we don't need, etc. so that we can act like we don't live here--for you neat freaks who seem to find a place for everything, I'd really like to know how you do it (though lack of cabinet space is killing us in the kitchen).

I was doing some whacking of our tree-bush (really the only way to describe it--anyone who knows anything about Crape-myrtles will understand), and then turned to our "shrubbery" in front of our window. I was minding my own business and cutting it down, when this male and female cardinal got really irritated. So I stopped, looked to my left, and found out why: they had a nest with two little ones. I slowly backed away and put down the shearers! They apparently only need a few more days and they'll be out of the nest--being that it's the state bird (and actually Kentucky's , my birth state, too), I'll let 'em be for now.

I imagine we'll go to Roanoke next weekend to look at houses. Should be fun--then I'll go into overdrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home