ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Those Left Behind....

This is not about the rapture, but about war and its aftermath. U.S. Soldiers are dying everyday over in Iraq and Afghanistan, and regardless of your stance on the war, you must recognize their sacrifice for their country. More importantly, for those who give their lives, we must remember about those that they leave behind.

I bought a newspaper today to use for packing, not really to read it--however, I opened up the front section, and I was struck by the photo I saw. There seated was a wife, a son, and a nephew. The young son of this killed Marine was being presented with a flag from another Marine. It is a very moving picture, and one that I would recommend all who read this blog go and take a look at because it is a stark reminder of not only their sacrifice but the reality for those that are left behind.

The article can be found here. Click on the Slide Show link, and look especially at images 6 and 7. I won't lie--it will rend your heart. It did mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home