ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Against the Natural Order of Things

I am not a deep sleeper, never have been. These last few days, I've been dealing with a sinus infection that has essentially put earplugs in my ears from the inside out, and this has been the cause for quite fitful sleeping. I finally got some medicine yesterday and it started working....too well. I started to realize why it said I needed to drink four extra glasses of water during the day. I have never been so dried out in my life!

But that's all an aside to what the title of this post is about. I decided last night, to help the sleeping process, to take Nyquil. Now, the last time I took this medication, no kidding, I woke up almost exactly six hours after taking it, and I mean WIDE awake! But with the kind of sleep I had been getting the last few nights, six hours straight sure seemed worth it. For any normal person, this would have happened just as it did to me last time.....

But in actuality, I woke up only two hours after taking it, and I had the BIGGEST headache I've ever had in my life! My body was VERY angry for being awake (and I have to say, I concurred), and I feel like my head was going to split in half over the pain. My poor wife--half-dazed, she's trying to help me fix the problem, get me better hydrated, etc., and just when she's actually getting a better night's sleep for once in a few days!

A nice fifth anniversary gift I gave her, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home