ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This 4th of July

Happy fourth to all of you from the mountains of Virginia. My wife and I had a wonderful (though busy) weekend in our Commonwealth's capital attending the wedding of one of my cousins. Our dog even made the trip, and I have to say he was quite a trooper, considering he stayed in the hotel room for considerable periods of time.

Yesterday I got word from our realtor that our townhouse has a bad roof and will likely need to be fixed to help the sale go through--it eats through some profits, but the sooner it gets sold, the better. I have to say that I like buying a house much more than selling one!

If you see a vet or current service member, thank them today--though we do this on Memorial Day and Vet's Day, it's important to remember that we wouldn't have an Independence Day to celebrate if they weren't out there doing what they were doing and have done.

On a different note, Matt Gumm has an interesting post on whether the the revolution that helped establish this country violated Romans 13. Interesting discussion.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM , Blogger Matt Gumm said...

    I have to say that I like buying a house much more than selling one!

    Boy is that the truth.

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger Dan B. said...

    Matt--sorry for not using your trackback system thing--I wasn't real sure if it would work on my browser/computer (old laptop that is on its last legs).

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Matt Gumm said...

    No worries. That's Blogger, not me. I still don't know how it works.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home